Sunday, March 01, 2009

Musical Sunday #6 - My Fair Lady

Come on, Dover, move yer bloomin' arse!

Based on George Bernard Shaw's Pygmalion, the musical My Fair Lady was Mindy's pick for this week's show.

We all know the plot of the musical: boy hears girl, boy torments girl, girl leaves boy, boy wants girl back.

... and somewhere in there the girl becomes a lady.

My favorite character in the show is Alfie P. Doolittle, Eliza's father. "Get Me To The Church On Time" and "With A Little Bit Of Luck" are my two favorite songs in the bunch.

Anyways, Aimee didn't get it, Aaron liked it okay, Alex and Andee went into the other room to play, Min fell asleep, and I stayed awake the whole time (I took a nap this morning).

At just under 3-hours long, its a chore to sit through if you are little.

Aaron said he liked the songs but they were too far apart. His favorite song/part was the "The Rain In Spain" which is always a fun one.

Next week, we'll try to something a little shorter and more in their range: Mary Poppins.

No comments: