Saturday, March 14, 2009

Min's "Spa"-like Bathroom

Mindy took some pics of the bathroom. Here they are (I'll let her edit this post with some descriptions):

Here's an overall view. What started out as "just a paint job" turned into something bigger. We changed out the fixtures, which led to the sink and counters.





We went with the white towels, shower curtain and rugs for the "spa look" that they always talk about on the decorating shows. We were planning on trying to sell our house this spring and thought it would show well this way. With the baby coming we changed our minds... too much stress does not make for a happy household! So now we get to enjoy it.


Mike also changed out the fixtures in the tub/shower to match the brushed nickel of the sinks. It looks SO much nicer than the old plastic gross things that were in there.


So... do you like it?

11 comments:

Tiffani said...

I love it, especially that shade of blue, it's gorgeous. Enjoy (you'll be needing the relaxation soon!)

Betsy said...

beautiful! I love the blue walls - very serene. Good luck tomorrow. Call if you need some help. We're off this week.

Betsy said...

I mean on Monday (it is very late and I'm a little off.)

Bethany said...

I love it! A word of warning with the white...don't let kids with dirty shoes into your bathroom. Been there, done that. Eventually had to throw out the white bath mat. Sad.

Kirsten said...

So nice, especially after the baby will come. You will need a place to "get away". Good job on the DIY!

cheeks said...

Oh, i love love love it!!!! That is my favorite color...and it really does look like spa material....now when you sit in the tub you'll have to eat chocolate and frozen grapes and you've got the whole package!!

SOOOOO....next time you post it will be about the next addition to the "Reynolds" family! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM! Good luck Min, we love you!

Laura said...

Looks great! I love it! I've been watching your count down to the birth of your little one, How fun! Good luck with the birth and all:)

Keli said...

Okay, who did you hire to do it? Come on, you can tell me.

I love it. I love our dual sinks, except for the fact that for years I blamed our dirty sink on Sean, and turns out, it was me the whole time. Mine is always dirtier.

Good luck with the babe! Expect a package some time soon.

Bridget said...

Love it. It looks so relaxing.

Missy in Texas said...

Wow! It looks great. I need a bathroom makeover too. You have inspired me.

Eliza said...

I love it! So does Hester (she's standing behind me).

The blue is really pretty. I have white towels also--very practical because you can bleach them and they go with everything should you decide to change the colors, or move, or what have you.