Monday, August 25, 2008

The kids are off at school...

and I just realized I forgot to take pictures.

I have been looking forward to school, except for one thing... early mornings. UGH! I am not a morning person, and with the extra exhaustion due to pregnancy I have been dreading getting up before 8:30 (or later.) At least Mike is usually good help in the mornings, and he is the one that actually takes the kids to school.

Rewind to last night just before going to bed. Mike has been helping to set up new classrooms and labs that were just remodeled for their department. He has been spending A LOT of extra time getting things set up and ready for the first class this morning at 7:30.

So, Mike checks his email one last time before going to bed and finds out there is a problem in the classroom that is needed for the 7:30 class. He is off to school by 6:15 which leaves me getting the kids ready for school, making lunches, fixing breakfast by myself... while still half asleep. The kids were actually helpful, and got ready without the usual nagging and yelling it usually takes. Thank goodness.

I get the kids out the door by 7am (school starts at 7:30) so that we can beat the traffic jam that is the first day of school. No problems, get the little kids back home and in the door... and that's when I remember... no pictures were taken of the first day. I guess I'll have to try to remember to take them later today.

Now, I'm looking forward to a few less fights now that Aimee and Alex will be in different places and maybe a routine of some sort. Maybe at some point I'll even get some sleep, but I'm not holding my breathe on that one. Alex is still at home. ;)

3 comments:

Buxton Family said...

Mindy,
I'm glad I have your blog address now. I've recreated many a first day of school photos. Luckily this year I remembered. Tell Aimee congratulations on her baptism. I was sad we missed it.

Keli said...

Man, I thought our school started early! 7:30 is insane! Are the kids even awake by then? I don't like getting up early either, but I do like getting in a routine. And I like having more time through the day to make up stuff to go to Wal-Mart for.

So are we back on the blogging bandwagon? I'll put you back on my list, then.

cheeks said...

Hey family! Congrats on #5!! I'm super excited...i wonder what he/she will look like....eh, i'm guessing exactly like the rest of em! ha ha Min hopefully you can get some much needed rest now that the big kiddos are back to school!

So, i'm sure you heard about our #1 on the way! Yippee! I was dying when Jill called to tell me about her...being due the day after i couldn't hold it in! I'm sure you've heard the story!

Mike, that story of your father's mission experience was really cool. We are ward missionaries and i hope you don't mind, but i printed a copy of your post and i'm going to share the story at our ward mission meeting this sunday. I think it's pretty neat! What a small world huh?! Glad you guys are doing well!

Congrats Amy on your baptism. PS....what's the story with the lice? Yikes!