Monday, August 04, 2008

Bedroom Make-Over Part 1: That's Entertainment

So we decided to change up our room and do a few things.

Tonight, we installed the stuff for the little "Home Theater."

Here's the finished product. It consists of the following IKEA furniture: an EXPEDIT for the entertainment center and two BERTBYs for storage:


I've been starting to collect Blu-Rays and HD-DVDs this summer and I wanted a way to display them and keep them safe. Originally, I had thought about some simple shelves, but on our latest trip to IKEA, I fell in love with the BERTBYs and had to have a couple.

This is the same cabinet, just opened...



... and closed.


I added some LED lights in the tops of them so that the spines can be illuminated and you can see the titles. We decided to put the Wii, Gamecube, and DS games in one of the BERTBYs.


I don't have a huge TV yet (note the yet part), but our Samsung SlimFit HD-TV suits us just fine... but I have designed this in a way that a wall mounted LCD could be hung above the shelves in the middle.


... anyways, that's done.

Oh, we also installed blinds in the bay window today, but we'll post pics after we take out the extra slats and put the bed back in the room.

One more thing, a big THANK YOU to my lovely wife who did the entire paint job on the room by herself. I have learned to stay out of her way and let her have her way with the roller. I just seem to get in the way and make her mad.

Thanks honey!

;)

3 comments:

Morgan said...

I have decided that IKEA is the best store ever. Seriously, ever. I love the way the room turned out. Take pictures when it is complete. I bet it will look awesome! I love the blue walls too, tell Mindy "GOOD JOB" for me!

Betsy said...

The paint color is awesome!

cheeks said...

the room looks great! What color of paint did you use?
I'm wanting a similar color for our laundry room...