Monday, May 26, 2008

You'd Think I'd Know Better...

... long story short: My 10-month-old MacBook died last week.

Yup. Hard drive kicked it.

My last back-up... October 30, 2007.

I was able to retrieve a lot of the info on the drive... but when I went into the Pictures folder - nothing readable.

All of our family photos since then were on that hard drive.
  • Thanksgiving 2007 with the Brunners.
  • Christmas 2007.
  • New Years 2008.
  • Andee's 2nd Birthday.
  • The house getting a face lift.
  • Alex's 4th Birthday.
  • Our trip to Seaworld with the Lotts.
All of it gone...

... well except for what's on the blog.

At least we have these.

So as a plead to everyone out there with digital photos on your hard drives: BACK THEM UP NOW!!!!

I'm going to go and finish crying.

...

4 comments:

Mike said...

... but on the other hand, I was able to get all of the videos that we had made off the hard drive.

N8ster said...

I just signed up for an online backup service, Carbonite. It is great, because you set it up and forget about it, it is cheaper than an external hard drive, and it isn't backed up at my house. It backups up all my photos, videos, mp3's, everything--114G so far, and 45G of mp3's to go.

If you are interested in checking it out, shoot me an e-mail, and I will send you a referral, which will give you an extra month free if you sign up.

amy k said...

I'm so sorry. That's my horror. Loosing all of my pics. I have made CD's and put them in my safe just in case. I also have a copy in my dad's safe just in case. I guess you can never be too careful. Nate send me over the info if you can. Thanks.

bet[c] said...

so so so so so so sorry.

I'll send you copies of pictures that i have of your family if you'd like.