Friday, May 02, 2008

Pinewood Derby '08 (a.k.a. "The Crate")

So another Pinewood Derby has come and gone... and another wonderful car has been... er... uh... painted!

So I give you... "THE CRATE!"

Warning: Dangerous Contents!



Warning: Fast Car Inside!



Gotta have his name on it!



... and "Made In Texas" on the bottom!



Aaron painted the car after I taped it off. I took a ruler and colored pencil to it for the lines. Then we used some of Mindy's stamps and ink pads to set the lettering. Then we put on the wheels and he was good to go.

After "The Outhouse (Go #2)" last year and "The Crate" this year, I promised Aaron that we would actually cut the block of wood next year.

Oh yeah, last year's block of wood won 4th... this year: Nothing.

But Aaron knows it'a all about having fun.

And he had a blast!

2 comments:

N8ster said...

I was a little confused when I first looked at the photos. When I looked at photo #2, on first pass I read "Warning Fart Car Inside."

Michelle said...

I am glad that you and Aaron had some father son time. Also, I am glad that Aaron had fun doing the derby. I remember going to my brothers' derbies. I love your car, The Crate huh? how creative.