Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All Hay Who Yaw! All Hay Who Yaw!

As most of you know, it's my birthday today (yup, I'm the big 3-4)... and my wife made me 34 applesauce cake cup-cakes, each one with a candle in it!

Here's a picture:



... but when I came upstairs to pull the images off of the card, they were all damaged and corrupt.

That's not right.

But wait... why is there a pic up there?

With all that has been going wrong with the world electronically these last few days, I wasn't surprised.

So I hopped on to Google and typed in "mac restore digital camera card" and a link popped up for CardRaider for Mac.

It promises:

You have found the easiest and most affordable way to recover lost photos from your digital camera, memory card or thumb drive.

Just one click and watch your photos and movies clips come back like magic. Find the ones you're looking for and quickly recover to your computer, or send directly to iPhoto.


So I downloaded the demo... and guess what... it worked!

And then some.

As it was scanning the card for my birthday pictures it also retrieved 178 other digital photos and movies that had long been erased.

I was shocked when the thumbnail view pulled up images from holidays, birthdays, school events, swim meets, class trips, guest speakers, conferences, etc.

Only problem... the demo only allows you to save thumbnailed versions with a watermark:



Luckily, the full version was only $19.95... so naturally, I bought it and was able to send all 183 images and movies to iPhoto.

Like I said before: Haleluja!

That was a pretty good present!




Oh... and while you are reading this, I am backing all of them up.

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Happy Happy Happy 34th.

Glad you got your pictures back.

amy k said...

Happy Birthday! I have to say you have the best day to have your birthday.....It was mine too : )

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Mike!!! Did you share your cupcakes with the family? I am glad that you had a good one and what a great gift to have back your pictures.

cheeks said...

errrrr...it makes me so mad that your macbook died. Our mac mini has given me a few times worth crying over. what the heck? To me, losing pictures of special events is the worst....were you able to retrieve the ones you lost when you restored your card? That i should make brett get on and buy that. We lost a bunch of pictures from last july...my bday and a trip we took....can you do it if your card is currently ok? Get back to me!

Oh, and happy birthday ya old fart! ha ha ha
--Boo--