Saturday, January 17, 2009

Third times a charm...

... and this time it was so smooth, I might actually want to do it again. ;)

During the last 4 months of 2008, Alan Hashimoto and I completed the 3rd edition of our book Visual Design Fundamentals: A Digital Approach.

Here's the cover:



We had a new editor and project manager this time around and they were very helpful.

You'll notice that I'm moving up in the world. On the first edition, my name wasn't on the cover. For the second edition, my name was on the cover under Alan's but smaller and had the word "with". This time around, I get an equal size and an "and"... cool uh?

It's a joy to work with Alan on these projects and we are considering doing another one (a different title), but for this one I would do two to three chapters of the book, not 11 like this one.

Just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

N8ster said...

Congrats. That's great.

cheeks said...

Hi guys! How are you?! Min...we're getting close, hang in there!

Mike...i hope you don't mind, but i have to speak on missionary work in sac. mtg next sunday (i'm a ward missionary) and i might share the story you posted on your friends from south africa that your dad taught. I thought that was such a cool story when i read it. Hopefully you don't mind! :) Thanks for sharing it!

Nathan Sumsion said...

Congratulations on the new book. Can't wait to take a look.