Monday, February 16, 2009

Working on some icons...

For my Web III class, the students are developing a series of icons for a blog that they are scripting from the ground up. Every year, I design one along with them.

This year's theme... the Clayton Boys (sorry Michelle).

Preface: These are not meant to offend or make fun of anyone. They are just based on my observations.

So here they are. Give me a critique if you feel like it.

Mike
So, as a standard: goatee (or beard), glasses, and the full face (full square) is what I went for with this design. I'm fine with it.

Sean

Sean's bald (or buzzed in this one), has a full face, and the little soul patch thingy going on. Took off the glasses and added the shadow shapes to the sides of his face to show some shape. I'm thinking I change the hair color to something more dirty blonde. And he has a little bit bigger nose to help distinguish him from the rest of us.

Jared

One of the only true brunettes in the family, Jared got the brown eyebrows, the more round glasses (I think I may increase the number of squares in the bottom rim to achieve a better roundness), and the full face and cheek shadows. I might make the mouth more a smile by adding some squares on the side.

Bryan

Bryan has the thinner face, the more slender nose (with nostrils) and the cheesy grin. I'm happy with the direction, but not the details. I might add ears, but no one else has them, except...

Spencer

Basically a cooler version of me with the slimmer face (to which I might add ears, like Bryan's), the slim nose, the less full face, and the hipper glasses. I might add some cheek shadows, but I'm not sure.


Anyways, comments are welcomed.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I think Jared's and yours look the most like you two. Pretty cool though. Hey how about you start posting some pictures of the kids and min's pregnant belly!

Michelle said...

Don't worry I am not offended. It would be kind of scary to see what I would have looked like anyway. Great job, they do look like blocks of my brothers, especially you, Sean, and Jared.

Michelle said...

Any room for brother in laws?