Friday, June 27, 2008

My new favorite at Chili's®...

JALAPEÑO SMOKEHOUSE BACON BIG MOUTH BURGER

Extra thick-cut applewood smoked bacon topped with smoked cheddar cheese, crunchy tortilla strips, jalapeños, mayo, shredded lettuce, tomato and onion. Served with jalapeño-ranch dressing.

I've been on a jalapeño kick lately... they are so good. But I had never had them on a burger before, so I decided to give it a try.

Wow! What a great sandwich.

Like the description reflects, I asked for no onions... but when my meal came the onions were on it anyways. I informed our waitress and she apologized and asked me if I would like them to redo it.

I figured it wasn't that big of a deal: I like pico de gallo... and that's jalapeños, tomatoes, and onion (with cilantro).

A few minutes later, she came back and said that she felt really bad, and that she could offer us a free dessert.

That was nice.*

So I ordered our favorite:


MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKE

Warm chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling. Topped with vanilla ice cream under a crunchy chocolate shell.

* ... this the second time in a row that we've gotten a free dessert. The last place we went to messed up Min's order and they offered a free dessert too. Lucky us!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Michael,

I love both choices!!! I haven't been to Chili's for quite awhile. I hope we can go sometime while we are there! or a Mexican place. I can hardly wait to visit.

Love,
Mom

N8ster said...

I am very tempted, right now, to drive down to Chili's, have a jalapeño smokehouse bacon big mouth burger, followed by a molten chocolate cake.

Really tempted.

Mike said...

Next week, Nate.

You. Me. Chili's.

Our wives can watch the kids!




... oh, and Mom, there are new "great" places I can take you to eat! I'm excited too!

N8ster said...

I went.

Extra thick-cut applewood smoked bacon topped with smoked cheddar cheese, crunchy tortilla strips, jalapeños, mayo, shredded lettuce, tomato and onion. Served with jalapeño-ranch dressing.

Add guacamole, and I'm going to need a few more napkins.