Saturday, January 20, 2007

Aimee's new room

Aimee got a new bed for Christmas (our old bed) and since it was a bigger bed, she got a new bedspread. We found this really cute bed-in-a-bag for a killer deal. The only downside was that it didn't go well with her yellow walls.

So, I spent the last week painting Aimee's room a periwinkle color. Quite a change from the bright yellow. Aimee loves it and it looks really good with the new bedding. Much better than the yellow.

BEFORE


AFTER


We also took down her big, ugly, heavy closet doors and replaced them with curtains. The doors were hard to open and kept coming off the tracks and were difficult to put back on. Hopefully the curtains will work out well.

BEFORE


AFTER


What do you think?

5 comments:

bonny with a Y said...

I like the blue - good job!

Kirsten said...

It's good to finally see some posts. You have been busy and I do like the new paint job. And I especially like aimee's art. It's very new age.

Alice said...

I think it looks great. Much easier for her to get in and out of the closet.

amy k said...

I like the color. Way better than the yellow.

Jami said...

nice job! I like the blue...yellow was a little much with the busy bed! Seeing your pics makes me not want to go to Ohio...everyone keeps telling us they have big ice storms there. Cool to look at...not so fun to be in?!