Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The book is done... and in my hands!

A year ago, when I was in L.A. at the SIGGRAPH Conference, I met up with the publisher of the book that my graduate advisor at USU (Alan Hashimoto) and I wrote back in 2003.

I asked Jenifer if we could do a second edition of the book, and she told me that the project was actually on the schedule and she was going to contact us after the conference, but since I was there she made it official.

So Alan and I had to retool the book and make alot of changes. The book had to have 60% new or updated content.

We turned the first half of the book in February and the rest of it before I left for London/Paris and Alan left for NYC (each of our schools take a group of students somewhere in the world for a summer trip).

We went through a few rewrites in early July and then passed it off to the production folks...

... and today, the UPS truck pulled up and handed me a copy of the final book.

Here it is.

It is done.

And this time my name is on the cover!



Visual Design Fundamentals: A Digital Approach (2nd Edition)
by Alan Hashimoto with Mike Clayton
ISBN: 1-58450-493-5
Charles River Media; 2006; 381 pp

5 comments:

Mike said...

Tenure book.

The most important of them all!

Betsy said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Donna said...

Very good Mike. I now can say I have a nephew who is published. I know you were already but I did not know.

Jami said...

i am related to someone who is famous???? FINALLY!!!! Geez, i hope i'm in your will! ha ha ha
--BOO--

grannybabs said...

Nothing like "production" to give one a sense of satisfaction!