Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day 2006

Every year for Mother's Day, our ward give the Mothers in the congregation a Symphony bar as a gift.

Us father's get an M&M bowtie. A standard little 4 oz bag of M&Ms with a ribbon tied in the middle that our bishop instructs us to replace our ties with.

I thought that this year, I'd shake things up.

Last week, I saw the Primary President tying the M&M bags in the back of the Primary Room and so I knew they were going to stick with tradition again and give us the bowties.

I joked with Mindy that I needed to get a big bag and wear it instead and see what the other dads thought of it.

So I went shopping and found a 44 oz (x-large) bag and held that puppy up to my neck and it was quite heavy and way too big. So I settled with the 22 oz (large) bag instead. I brought it home, Min wrapped a ribbon around and we stuck it in the back for church.

So after Sacrament Meeting, when they were handing out the bowties, Aaron went and got me one, but I put it away and pulled out my BIG bowtie.

Needless to say, I got stopped in the hall a lot and was met with odd glances and dads saying how they should have thought of that first.

One dad said that he deserved it because he had the most kids (he has 7).

I told our Bishop that it was meant for him, but I got it first.

Another said that I wasn't that sweet.

It was fun (and not that heavy).

So here's a pic of Aaron, Aimee and me before we opened the bag and made Chocolate Chip (M&M) Cookies with them.


1 comment:

Betsy said...

Great idea! Our ward's dads don't get anything. But the primary kids still sing.