Monday, October 16, 2006

My Tenure Book is done and turned in

Thanks to those of you who have been praying for me through this ordeal. Today I dropped a box off at the office of the Chair of the Rank and Tenure Committee. My box ended up being two 2" D-Ring binders stuff full and the two texts that I have co-authored with Alan Hashimoto in the last 5 years.

Now I sit and and wait.

I'll know the R&T Committee's recommendation at the end of the November, but will not receive final word (in the form of a contract) until the last week of March (after the Board of Directors has voted to approve the candidates).

Now I can move on to more important matters... like my classes, my family, and, oh yeah,... the yard.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Min won't let me celebrate.

I just dropped $220.80 on three fillings about a half hour ago.

Please send $20. :D

Betsy said...

Congratuations!!! I know you'll make tenure. Sorry about the dental woes. I have invested more money in my mouth than I invested in both our vehicles put together. And I'm not done yet. So pathetic. But I digress...Congratulations!!!!